Thursday, June 3, 2010

SAHM?!


May 21st I lost my job of 12 years. Well, I didn't exactly lose it, I know where it is, it just didn't want me anymore. This is the second time I prayed to God and asked for something and got something similar in return. The first time was when I prayed for a third child. I got one, just not exactly how I imagined, this one had unique genes. The second time I was just casually asking God for the summer off and POOF, I got it. Now I know I must be very specific in my requests, God has a sense of humor. I'm not quite sure how to adjust to being a SAHM. I always thought I would be a career mom. Needing the mental challenge of work, craving a fast pace, and wanting to succeed. How do I measure all that with the work I do for my family? So, if anyone has any suggestions please....please voice them.

4 comments:

  1. Liz, you don't need to measure your accomplishments, you can see them! You have a beautiful family and you are a beautiful person! Keep your chin up! I always thought you'd make a good nurse, continue with that! -Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your time with your kids. Your kids will be your mental challenge and your fast pace work. You will know that you are succeeding everytime you see your kids smile, hear them giggle, or realize you now have more time with them to watch them grow. Being a STAM is the hardest thing I have ever done, and I question if I made the right decision quite often. Honestly, it is very rewarding and I am glad I have had the chance to do this. Liz, make sure to take time for yourself (I am still trying to achieve this) and find groups around your area that you and the kids can join. The library is an awesome resource for activities to do with the kids. Best of all, it's usually free:) Good luck and remember in a few years, when they are teenagers, they probably won't want to be around mom and dad, so this is a good time to spend with them :)- LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz, I'm sorry to hear that you hit a bump or two in the road. You are an awesome woman and I know you can make lemonade out of the lemons. I was a career woman too but when I met Rob I became a SAHM that turned into 10 years! Had to start over with a career but everything I had done prior had certain skills that I could muster up for a new challenge. No job is more important than raising your kids. Thank God you have a chance to be home with them. Pray for financial help. It will come! Love you! Aunt Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok first? HOW WAS I NOT FOLLOWING YOUR BLOG!?!? What the ham sandwich? Secondly, your kids are so beautiful it about makes my face melt. Even crying...goodness!

    Your comment today inspired me to get BACK on the treadmill. Just so you know. So we are STILL in this together! I guess if I'm not losing weight, I can at least be maintaining, right?

    And being a SAHM? Holy Hard! I am just finding that out by being home from teaching in the summer! My prayers are with you, momma! You can TOTALLY do this!

    I realize this post was two months ago...but I hope this comment finds you in a better place!

    ReplyDelete